Fabric protector spray: how to use
Prior to application:
- For Upholstery & Carpets
Vacuum surfaces thoroughly & remove any existing stains. Any cleaning products should be removed before applying. Product will have reduced effect if fabric has been pre-treated with a stain protector.
- For Clothing
- Clean in cold water only to remove any traces of detergents or softeners.
Directions of Use:
- Shake well before use and do not dilute. protectME® Textiles is ready to use.
- Check for colour-fastness of your textile in an inconspicuous, small area before apply. Not all textiles are colourfast. If your textile colour runs, cease use and speak with the manufacturer.
- From a distance of 15cm, spray an even layer of protectME Textiles on the surface so that the textile becomes moist.
- Work back and forth in an up & down method with an overlap to ensure you have covered the area evenly and thoroughly.
- Use between 80-100ml per m2 depending on the absorbency of the surface. For thicker textiles a second coat may be required.
- Allow a minimum of 12 hours for coating to cure. In temperatures below 18°C allow up to 24 hours.
- Test for coverage by spraying a little water on the textile surface. Small beads should form on the surface, if not, additional application may be required.
- Should a spill occur, soak up beaded spills. DO NOT SCRUB.
Storage & Maintenance
- Unopened bottle – 2 years in +3°C to 30°C temperatures.
- Durability – 2-3 years depending on traffic and use.