Your new car is your pride and joy. It’s everything you’ve ever dreamt of, plus you’ve treated yourself with an upgrade to premium alcantara car seats. And now comes the big question: how do you keep your soft and silky car seats sparkling clean? Whether you’ve got kids, pets or just lead a busy life, don’t let fear of stains rain on your parade. Follow our simple guide and learn that the best alcantara cleaner, is just to protect instead.
Alcantara car seats: premium car upholstery
Nice to look at and even better to touch with its grippy texture and premium appearance, alcantara is a material similar to suede or microfibre. A long lasting, synthetic alternative to animal products like leather, alcantara gives a sportie edge to high end cars. Used to cover car seats, steering wheels and interiors, when shopping for cars this gorgeous material is an add-on worth considering.
You probably think that such a luxury upholstery will need special attention for upkeep, but car interior cleaning doesn’t have to rule your life.
Car interior cleaning isn’t the only option.
You could spend time on your hands and knees dab dabbing away with expensive car cleaning kits, trying to get that red sauce stain out. You could pay a (costly) visit to the professionals. You can expect to pay upwards of $50 for even the most basic car detailing service, plus you’ll need to go back every 4-6 months.
Moreover, traditional car seat cleaners can be filled with toxic chemicals that are not only bad for your health and the environment, but can stamp out that lovely new car smell.
Before you enforce a strict no food, drinks, pets or fun rule for your car, let’s talk about an alternative.
Car fabric protector: stain proof your life (and your vehicle)
Keeping your car interiors looking their best for a fraction of the price, not to mention toxic chemical free, is as simple as investing in an eco-friendly stain guard. Plus, it’s a one time job and will keep your car interior and car seats protected for up to 3 years, depending on traffic and use. protectME non-toxic fabric protector spray is your shield against dirt, liquids and crumbs. Your new go-to alcantara protection! Follow our simple guide for stain proof confidence.
Stain proof your car in just 5 simple steps:
- Get ready: You want to start with a clean surface, so get that vacuum out to the driveway and give your seats a thorough once over to remove any crumbs or dirt.
- Spot test: protectME is suitable for suede and alcantara materials, but it’s always a good idea to do a quick spot check. Spray a small concealed area to make sure its colourfast.
- Protect: Spray using a back and forth motion over your car seats, interiors and steering wheel until the fabric is moist. Our battery operated sprayer is our go-to to avoid wrist fatigue!
- Patience is key: Don’t jump in with that tall latte just yet. Give your newly protected upholstery 12 hours to dry and your spill-proof alcantara will be worth the wait.
- Take your new protection for a test drive: Spray a small amount of water on your seats, if small beads of water appear on the surface then you are ready to roll. If not, it’s best to do another coat just to be sure.
Read our step by step guide to protecting your car upholstery for more information!
Tip: Keep a soft cloth in your glove box. This way, if your green juice does take a tumble simply wipe away the liquid and the mess is gone! Always prefer reusable cloth over disposable paper towels.
Once applied, your car seats and car interior will be waterproof and look their best for up to 3 years depending on traffic and use. That’s 2-3 years of stress-free Saturday morning coffee runs and trips to the beach. Plus it’s an added bonus if you ever need to sell your car!
Want to stain proof the rest of your life? Head over to our blog for more great articles on protecting vs cleaning your life.